The ChemLight lightstick, or commonly know as a glow stick, is in use by militaries throughout the world as a light source, marking areas, or for survival. It was developed more than 45 years ago for the U.S. Navy to use aboard ship. This is simple yet effective light source is activated by bending it to break the separator for the two chemicals to mix creating light.
A Great Idea
It's a really great invention that doesn't generate heat or flames, has no gas smell or creates any sparks, and is also nonflammable & non-toxic. ChemLight products can be stored for up to 4 years from the date of manufacture and last about 12 hours in use.
There are many military uses for the ChemLight lightstick:
- Personal or collective lighting for which the light stick is used as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Marking and identification of war fighters, Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
- Marking out of routes, marking of zones for medical triage or sanitary evacuations (MEDEVAC)
- Emergency lighting in field hospitals
- Marking of vehicle convoys, route marking
- Illumination of the battlefield, assistance with progression through smoke
- Regulation marking of buildings especially during street fighting
- Marking devices or people
- Target spotting
Survival Uses for a ChemLight
In a survival mode, these lightsticks comes in very handy as well:
- Follow in a Formation
- Mark Distances for Night
- Mark Your Location at Night for Rescuers
- Marking Various Hazards
- When Fishing At Night
Infrared ChemLight Lightsticks
There are also Infrared versions that are only visible when you use Night Vision Goggles, also known as NVGs. They are not visible to the naked eye and are great for security measures and reduces the risk of others discovering locations you mark.
A Bright Conclusion
ChemLight lightsticks come in various sizes and light colors. Aviation Survival has what you need for your survival. Fill out our contact form or call us at 321-821-4724 or email us at [email protected].